Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Antigone and her Sentence
The sentry brings Antigone to Creon even though she will be executed because if Creon doesn't find the true culprit of the crime, he will kill the watchmen. I understand that Creon wants Antigone dead. It is a sign to others that he will not tolerate law breaking. But I do not agree that she should be executed. Antigone was doing what she believed was the right thing to do. Also, execution should not be a punishment for any crime. Antigone defends herself by saying how Creon was not being fair, that no one liked him, and that it was her duty to bury her brother. Other than that, she accepted her punishment and was willing to die and be with her brother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree, especially with how the watchman was being selfish to save his own neck by turning in a girl, and how Antigone argues that creon is unfair.
ReplyDeleteI agree with what you said about how execution shouldn't be a punishment for any crime. But, I don't think that Antigone saying that everyone hated Creon was defending herself. I think she was just still mad for not burying Polyneices and she wanted to get back at him.
ReplyDeleteI agree that Antigone should not be killed for her actions, because she was doing the just thing.
ReplyDeleteI agree that Antigone should not be executed for burying Her brother and Creon's nephew.
ReplyDeleteMegan: I admire your stand for not having Antigone killed, but maybe suggest an alternative.
ReplyDelete