Thursday, November 12, 2009

Is Antigone a strong girl?

I think Antigone disobeyed her uncle and sided with her brother because she has a stronger connection with her brother. Her family has been through some tough times and I imagine that the four siblings stayed close. Antigone believes in the after-life and doesn't wants her brother to spend eternity in the Underworld. She chose her family over her country and I understand because somethings, like the fate of a brother, are more important then obeying the law.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with your opinion but I also think she may have chose to burry her brother not just because they had a strong connection, but because she knew it was the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about Antigone having a very strong family loyalty but i disagree on the fact that the unburied body would result that the soul would be trapped in the body forever. In the religion Antigone followed, all dead spirits went to the underworld, good or bad. But the underworld is different then how we view it today. In this time the underwold is a good thing, and where Antigone wants her brother to end up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree with you, but I'm on Hannahs side because I think that she did the right thing for her brother, but I also agree with Megan because she broke the law and now has to pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan: I like your comments about Antigone being a strong girl. Well said.

    ReplyDelete